GET YOUR TEAM TOGETHER TODAY!
Here’s How It Works:
Your entry fee includes a Weber Grill and BBQ utensils which are yours to keep!
Net proceeds from this Festival benefit Hudson Athletic Booster Club
- Entry fee is $125 per Team. Deadline May 14.
- We provide each Team with a Weber Grill, Cooking Utensils, Charcoal, Small Table, Serving Platters and one Whole Chicken cut into quarters. Prepare the chicken any way you see fit using your secret ingredients and sauces. You must use the grill, charcoal and chicken provided.
- Each Team must have one adult (21 years or older) and teams can consist of up to 4 members.
- Your space will be available for use at 9am Saturday June 18. You must check-in no later than 10am. There will be three judging time slots (Noon, 1pm and 2pm) and you will be notified of your time slot prior to June 18. Remember: You must budget your time to have your chicken ready for judging. Don’t forget to allocate time for those coals to get just right!
- “Celebrity Judges” will judge each entry on site. Trophies and awards will be given for first, second and third place. Judging will be based on presentation, appearance and taste. Judges decisions are final.
- Each Team is responsible for all recipe ingredients, aprons, any other cookware, utensils you require other than what is provided in your fee. Food served to judges must be cooked to 165 degrees or higher. There will be no electricity available.
- Teams are encouraged to dress as a team.
- This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine. There will be no refunds
- Popup tents can be used but must be 10’ from any grill and flame retardant. Space is very limited so check in advance.
- Absolutely no alcohol may be brought on premises by State Ordinance.
- Please fill out the Registration Form with your $125 entry fee.
- Please save a copy of this information for your files.
The Amateur Team Backyard BBQ Competition is held in conjunction with the second annual Hudson Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival June 18 and 19, 2011. For additional information about this event, other activities and sponsorship opportunities related to the Festival please contact Brian Hurtt at 330.819.6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org